The Right Way to Clean Your Air Ducts
All of us want to feel safe inside of our homes. This applies to the water that we drink to the air that we breathe. It is well known that poor air quality can cause a myriad of health issues in young and old alike.
Most modern-day HVAC systems have filtration systems within them that work to keep the air in your home free of dangerous pollutants, but as with any system that runs constantly, over time, maintenance is needed to keep it in top working order. Part of maintaining healthy air in your home may include air duct cleaning.
Here at Integrity Air Care, if you need air duct cleaning in Roswell, we have you covered. We have been respected masters in this field for years, and are here today to tell you a bit more about our air duct cleaning tools and techniques and the right way to clean your air ducts.
The National Air Duct Cleaners Association suggests that homeowners have their air ducts deep cleaned every 3-5 years, but there are cases where this may need to be done more often. As a homeowner, there are some telltale signs that you will want to pay attention to that will let you know when it is definitely time to call your air duct cleaning in Georgia specialists.
If you notice mold growth inside the hard surfaces of your heating or cooling system or smell a moldy odor, this should certainly be investigated. It is well known that mold is one of the most dangerous things that you can expose your body and respiratory system to.
It is important to note the following points when having those that perform air duct cleaning in Roswell investigate for mold growth:
- much of your HVAC system will not allow you to visualize mold growth. Therefore, you should ask your service technician to show you the areas where mold exists.
- Although a substance may appear to be mold, it may need to be confirmed with a laboratory test.
- If your ducts contain insulation that has gotten wet and molded, those areas of insulation may need to be replaced.
- Whatever conditions resulted in mold growth will need to be corrected to prevent a recurrence.
Your air ducts may also need to be cleaned with professional air duct cleaning tools like those offered by Integrity Air Care if you have an infestation of vermin or notice an extreme build-up of dust and debris in and around your registers.
Research has demonstrated that a professional air duct cleaning can extend the life of your HVAC system and improve its operating efficiency. Investing in this type of maintenance may end up in cost savings in heating and cooling costs over the long term.
When you hire a firm that performs air duct cleaning in Georgia, you can expect to have system components such as supply and return air ducts and registers, diffusers and grilles, cooling coils, heat exchangers, drip pans, fan motors and housings, and the housing unit of your air handler.
When an air duct cleaner, such as one of our professionals at Integrity Air Care, arrives at your home, you can expect the following tasks to be performed to ensure your system is crystal clear and in top working order.
- Access all system ports/doors to allow thorough cleaning and inspection.
- Before beginning cleaning, conduct an inspection to insure there are no hazardous materials such as asbestos that could be released into the air during cleaning. If such hazards exist, cleaning should not take place until a specialist has mitigated the dangerous material.
- Use suction and vacuuming equipment that exhausts particles outside the interior of your home or that has high-level HEPA filtration if the cleaning unit will be totally indoors
- Protect your floors and furniture during the cleaning process
- Utilize thorough brushing and contact vacuuming to ensure that all debris has been dislodged and removed from system services.
- Use only soft bristles for areas containing fiberglass to avoid dislodging particles into the air
- Be mindful of delicate areas of ductwork and take care to not damage them
- Follow industry standards and guidelines for cleaning ductwork and working in areas that contain fiberglass
As you can see, there are many considerations that should be examined when deciding on professional cleaning of your ductwork. Allow the professionals at Integrity Air Care to keep your family breathing easy.